Friday, July 08, 2005

Straighforward or Blunt: a thin line

Yesterday I made Ma cry.
She asked me , after a phone call from Papa, whether I was hapy having her around or unhappy.
Was her being around restricting on my freedom.
I tried to be honest and gave a straighforward answer without space for ANY emotions. Maybe I am yet to realise the importance of things which I take for granted (anybody does so, isnt it).
My blunt answer made her cry.
I always make the mistake of being blunt in trying to be honest/straighforward :-(. Only when I relaise I have crossed the thin line (generally I do), I realise my mistake. The realisation dawns upon me once the other person starts crying or has the patience to argue his/her justification in getting hurt or ....
Any suggestions to cure me of this ???

6 comments:

  1. ever heard the word called "white lie"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anand, r u crazy man! But why am I calling u crazy, bcoz even I am like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm..well its good to be straightforward but use ur brain a little u'll know where to draw the line ..btw hav changed my blog url new one is http:starryzone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. abe J Lal .. itna time kaha se milta hai tujhe itna ganda kholne ke liye ... lagta hai tere paas koi kaam dhaam nahi hai aajkal ... teri company kya doob-ne waali hai ???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, well be sensible, well-all described

    ReplyDelete