Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I met some prominant television personality

I was having dinner in Radisson and then came a couple in the table opposite to mine.
The lady was loking VERY gracious and the husband a simple/humble/queit fellow. Deduction based on observation.
Suddenly it occurred to me that I had seen the lady somewhere but as my wont, of forgetting things, howe'er hard I tried, I couldn't recollect.
Atleast I could realise that the lady was a television personality but then I never saw so much television, so I focussed on personalities whom one find in some regular articles' author photographs but :-( I couldn't recollect any. She was not Shobha De of course.
I have a very bad habit of getting impatient to get answers to my curiosity and more so when it looks easily solvable.
So, simplest and best thing I could do was to goto the lady and ask. Only thing was had she been somebody not-so-famous, I dont know how might she (or her husband!!!) react.
Anyway, I did the best thing and went to her. I ,matter-of-factly-and-honestly said, I thought I had seen her somewhere, maybe on television or maybe some magazine, but was not able to recollect where. If she could help me!!!!!!
She obliged and in a very graceful manner. She introduced herself as "Jaishree Arora" and very confidenyl named few serials out of which I could indetify only one "Humlog" and said she acted in more than 150 episodes (anyway, i guess it must have been a good performance by any serial THEN). Well, I didn't need autograph nor photograph(I never went to Srinath or Kumble as I could easily identify them when I saw them in Bangalore with ample opportunity to get photographed or talk or ...) but I got what I wanted and that was QUICK solution to easily-solvable curiosity of mine. I came back to my table SATISFIED!!!!!
Hey! so the celebrities DO talk in hindi amongst themselves!!!! haa haa. (though they talked to me in english. well, it was me who initiated in english :-( )

4 comments:

  1. I hav never met a television or a movie personality :(..anyways I hav no idea who is jaishree arora..humlog used to come way back in 80's wen i was small kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFL

    just dropped in via neha's blog...

    had a close look at young dashing Shashi Kapoor ages ago when me & my bro where busy looking out for impala cars near our house.....kept on telling everyone till months & months.

    Just recently infact 5 days back saw shakti kapoor from far at the new emirates palace hotel in abu dhabi. kept away from him. anyway was more intrested in looking at the amazing hotel rather than SK in YELLOW glasses at 7.30 in evening

    Good blog, will drop in again for a visit...


    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. In morning, I was in a dilemma. I was thinking that whether u r really that smart, witty n straight forward or u juust try to act that way on de blog. But now i dont have any confusion.

    Anand, what a crazy soul u r? Do I need 2 remind u that it was u who said that u r busy.
    And man, u misunderstood the whole story. U took "show off" in a different context. I used the words to reply back to ur first comment saying "think no harm but not all these bakwasses ". But u just derived that damn theory of being busy from it. Hey, now u cant stop me from calling u a FOOL!!!!

    Anyways, a free advice 4 u.... Take out some time this weekend n watch DDLJ at Waves. Achchi movie hai :)

    ReplyDelete