Monday, April 18, 2005

Aa bail mujhe kulhaari maar

Sounds similar but yet unheard?
Well, yours truly devised this idiom while unsuccessfully trying to recall another popular idiom. So now you know, if you know hindi, its a crossbreed of aa bail mujhhe maar and apne paanv par kulhaari maarna!!!!!
So, u relaise the force is also doubled. It conveys the samething with much more impact than the original two similar idioms. Look at the power of permutation/combination. U can also make apne bail par kulhaari maarna. If you dont find the fun, try visualising and still if you dont laugh, use Nitrous Oxide, as nothing else can help!!!!!
Now, since I beleive in free sharing, you can use it wihout violating any copyright acts. Feel free to use it :)
It reminds me of a similar incident. In my batch in school (class VII to X), we had a GENIUS in hindi, Chandrashekar (he won state level open-for-all hindi competition when he was in school!!!! Mind u, bihar is hindi speaking state with, i guess, many MAs,PhDs in hindi) , whom I could confuse with this skill of mine and that too in hindi!!! I have always had trouble learning by heart ANYthing and hindi was hell of a torture when you lack this skill. I was trying to recall a "doha" from Kabirdas. All I could recollect was this
karat karat abhyaas karat, pundit bhaya na koi
dhai aakhar prem ka, parhe so pundit hoye
I found something fishy (yes, I could find something, thought not wat, was wrong) in this recollection of mine and the time to get into the exam hall was getting quite close. Obviously, who better but Chandu.
The guy also gets perplexed!!!!! Yes, I still feel proud of me over this incident. HAA HAA.
AFter a few minutes of head-scratching, in his distinct style he said
SSAALE,*#@$ *%$#,....,.....,KUTTE exam ke time confuse karta hai
(Ours was a residential school and so *#@$ *%$# were a norm)
For the uninitiated, the original "dohas" whose crossbreeding I orchestrated were
karat karat abhyaas karat, jarmati hota sujaan
rasri aawat jaat te, sil par parat nisaan
and
pothi parhi parhi jag mua, pundit bhaya na koye
dhaai aakhar prem ka parhe so pundit hoye

I passed the X exams and the biggest motivation was thence I wont have to study Hindi and English (I never said my command in english was ANYbit better than that in hindi!!!!!!).
But I do miss those gr8 moments of school when there were much bigger issues like ........ than trifles like poor marks etc.
well, wait for next post......

PS: My another school mate corrected me on reading the blog and he said it was
((15:31:07)dream_***:hum log sab the wahan ...ab kisko click kiya tha yaad nahin ...but perplexed to sab ho gaye the tere genius pane se

mala ferat yug bhaya,pandit bhaya na koy
dhaai aakhar prem ka, parhe so pundit hoye
which was hybrid of the second one (pundit waala) written above and
maala ferat yug bhaya,mita na man ka feer
kar ka manka daari de,man ka manka feer

DIDNT I TELL YOU, I am quite FORGETGUL!!!!

5 comments:

  1. too much hindi for me to appreciate...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. som, had this article been written for non-hindi junta, it wud have been total crap. excuse me but it cannt be helped. dont worry, me will come up something with bengalis and bangala also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. u r forgetful in english poetry too ?? or is it just with hindi ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. angrezi poems!!!!!
    its like "kaala akshar bhains barabar" for me. well, seriously speaking, poetry(english or hindi) has never been my forte. Have I ever read any poem except those in school curriculum? No, i dont think so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what is english idiom for
    "aa bail mujhhe maar "
    and
    "apne paanv par kulhaari maarna!!!!!

    ReplyDelete